Mixed reaction from mobile industry as UK votes to leave EU

53.4 per cent of the UK voted in favour of leaving the European Union

There have been mixed opinions from the mobile industry following the UK’s decision to leave the European Union (EU).

News that the UK will no longer remain the EU was announced today (June 24). 53.4 per cent of voters chose to Leave, with the remaining 46.6 per cent choosing to Remain.

There were mixed opinions from the likes of Vodafone, BT and Virgin parent Liberty Global. A BT spokesperson, also speaking on EE’s behalf, said: “We’ll work closely with the British Government and EU during negotiations to ensure BT’s views are heard as our goal is to protect the interests of our customers, employees, shareholders and business.”

A Vodafone spokesperson added that the network is committed to its customers regardless of the outcome. They said: “In terms of the implications for Vodafone, each of our country businesses operates as a standalone entity able to adapt to a wide range of local conditions.”

Disappointment

O2 has, however, shown disappointment in the Leave decision. “We believe that large businesses like ours would have been stronger remaining in the EU. Whatever happens next we will continue to fiercely compete in our market, innovate and deliver for our customers,” a spokesperson commented.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

NAVIGATION

COMPANY

©2021 Simply Telecom. All rights reserved.

Simply Telecom

Sketrick House

Jubilee Road

Newtownards

Co.Down

BT23 4YH

Follow us on:

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon